WE ARE UNIQUE IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC
- Being the only university in the Czech Republic which has “nuclear” departments.
- Department of Nuclear Chemistry, Department of Dosimetry and Application of Ionizing Radiation, Department of Nuclear Reactors.
- The broad range of fields of study and disciplines we offer. Many of them are unique – not only the study programmes in nuclear engineering but also the programmes in Physics and Fusion Reaction Technology, Radiological Physics, etc.
- Establishing and developing many new fields in the Czech Republic: ruby and medical lasers, nanotechnologies, vacuum technology, etc.
- Educating many students who have already had their papers published in prestigious journals, and who have participated actively in conferences or have been engaged in investigations for industry and/or commercial companies during their studies.
WE ARE UNIQUE IN THE WORLD
- Our strong orientation towards nuclear science and engineering.
- Collaboration with many international partners in a wide range of fields all over the world, and with the active engagement of our students.
- The opportunity our students have to work with both of the basic types of reactors – fission reactors and fusion reactors. We have our own VR-1 nuclear reactor (in cooperation with the CEZ Group), and the Golem fusion tokamak (in cooperation with the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic).
- Developing, constructing, positioning and operating international laser navigation systems for measuring the distance of man-made satellites from the Earth. The stations have been located on several continents, in Egypt, Bolivia, Ecuador, Cuba, Russia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, India, Vietnam, etc.
WE ARE PREPARING FOR THE NEAR FUTURE
- Intensification of our participation in international research centres (CERN, ITER, BNL-STAR, ELI).
- Further practical applications of our scientific and research results, e.g. through our newly-established Laboratory for Advanced Detection Technologies.
- Continuous upgrading of the working conditions, especially for young scientists at the faculty (new spaces, state-of-the-art laboratories, support for participation in international collaborative programmes, etc.)
- Introduction of new fields of study and specializations in accordance with the requirements of industry, and closer collaboration with business and commercial companies.
WE ARE MEMBERS OF:
- International Radiation Physics Society
- International Association of Mathematical Physics
- European Nuclear Engineering Network (ENEN) Association
- European Radiation Dosimetry Group
- European Physical Society
- New York Academy of Sciences
- SPIE – Society of Photonics Engineering
- CERN, BNL, JINR Dubna, ESA, ITER, GSI Darmstadt, IEEE, IAEA, etc.
- Union of Czech Mathematicians and Physicists
WE ARE PROUD OF
- Our history – the faculty was established by eminent Czech mathematicians and physicists (Běhounek, Kvasil, Majer, Němec, Petržílka, Šimáně, Votruba). The faculty was established for specific purposes, and has always incorporated advanced disciplines. We are proud of this tradition and it is our aim to continue with it.
- Our study programmes, which have always been founded on the basis of mathematics and physics, and on a deep understanding of the links between them. This has meant that our graduates can work flexibly in a wide range of fields of application. This conception has stood the test of time.
- The enthusiasm and active involvment of our students in the faculty‘s scientific work and research, and their success on an international level.
- The interest of many institutions and companies in collaborating with us, and in our graduates.
- The high quality of our teachers and researchers, who are recognized and appreciated abroad, and who work on projects at major international research centres.
- Our graduates, and their evaluation of the Faculty. We are perceived as the highest-quality faculty in the Cech Republic. After several years of work experience, 86% of our graduates would still choose to study at the Faculty.