WE ARE UNIQUE IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC
- Organising The Best Urban Design Project competition every year.
This competition is open to students of faculties of architecture at European universities.
- Having the Olověný Dušan (the Lead Dušan) student competition. This competition is organised by the Association of Students of Architecture, independently from the faculty management.
- Publishing ALFA, the faculty monthly magazine, and the annual ARCHITECTURE FACULTY YEARBOOK, which covers work done in all of the faculty’s institutes and studios.
- Our publishing activities related to visiting teachers from abroad, e.g. Rein Geurtsen: History of European Urban Planning, Michael Riedijk: Drawing Techniques, Prague lectures Juliette Bekkering & Michiel Riedijk – FA CTU 2011. Design versus Architektura, 2012.
- Teaching in a system of vertical studio teaching (38 studios) led by experienced teachers who have also worked as architects.
- Having a wide range of agreements with outstanding faculties of architecture, leading to extensive student exchanges with European and world universities.
- Organising cycles of lectures on hot topics by professors from abroad, for example, in 2010, the cycle on ECOLOGY versus ARCHITECTURE, in 2011 Collective Housing in Europe, in 2012 ARCHITECTURE versus DESIGN.
- Regularly holding workshops on current topics, e.g. City Development I–IV (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012), City Park (2007), Antidesign (2008), Design (2009), Digital Architect (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010), Machines Design Machines (2009).
- Selecting one student each year for an internship in the studio of Renzo Piano in Paris or Genoa.
WE ARE UNIQUE IN THE WORLD
- the Research Centre for Industrial Heritage, which is the only institution in the Czech Republic systematically mapping technical and industrial heritage, and dealing with the further use of heritage objects. The results of the research are being collected in the Industrial Topography of the Czech Republic, a project carried out within the program of applied research under the Ministry of Culture. An interactive database of industrial heritage is being created at the Faculty of Architecture. The database is gradually being made accessible for professionals, government institutions and local authorities, as well as the public, as an online specialized map and a series of publications and studies. Scientific research on the history and theory of architecture, heritage preservation and urbanism is linked with teaching activities involving case studies on rescuing a number of endangered and derelict industrial buildings and putting them to new uses.
WE ARE MEMBERS OF THE:
- European Association for Architectural Education (EAAE)
- Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP)
- Fondazione Romualdo del Bianco
- Arbeitskreis für Hausforschung e.V.
WE ARE PROUD OF
- Having introduced a new study programme in Industrial Design, with 128 students.
- The high quality of our study programmes at all levels, which attract three times more applicants than we have the capacity to accept for the study programmes.
- The New CTU Building, where we moved our faculty on 1st February 2011, and which is currently the leading modern building for teaching architecture in the Czech Republic.
- The integration of the Research Centre of Industrial Design into the Faculty´s structure, thereby enriching its scientific potential.
- The exhibition of student master’s projects directly after the graduation examination of our students. We organise an exhibition of all successful master’s projects of that year.