WE ARE UNIQUE IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC
Maintaining a holistic approach to mechanical structures within the framework of integrated engineering.
Much work is done on automobiles, combustion engines and production machinery. With simulations and physical experiments, the faculty achieves excellent performance, cost-effectiveness and environment-friendliness.
Research on machine tools.
At our Research Centre of Manufacturing Technologies (RCMT), new machine tool concepts are created and new design methods are developed. These are further applied by Czech producers of machine tools.
Integration and development of activities related to computer simulation, including the ability to link our own simulation programmes with commercial programs for non-standard equipment.
In collaboration with industry, we have extended and modernized the courses in some fields of study, and the master’s projects of our students are now supported by top-level software.
In the field of biomechanics.
Research is being carried out in the Laboratory of Human Biomechanics on movement, tissues, the cardiovascular system, and tests are also being performed on joint replacements and implants.
The history of teaching mechanical engineering.
We are the oldest faculty of mechanical engineering in the Czech Republic, and we offer study programmes in the widest range of fields of mechanical engineering.
WE ARE UNIQUE IN THE WORLD
- The ability to design, model and optimize equipment aimed at a three- to five-fold increase in the output of combustion engines, even without the use of conventional turboblowers by applying pressure wave superchargers. Western European car producers are now applying the results.
- Constructing the TriJoint new generation machine tool at the Department of Mechanics, Biomechanics and Mechatronics. Research is also being carried out in parallel kinematics.
- Experiments with the LM-2 machine tool, whose three controllable axes are driven by linear motors with suspended secondary units. The machine tool was built at the RCMT Research Centre and also serves for research on high-speed machine tools. Machine tools with an H50-type and an H80DD-type fl rating axle, with a patented design, developed at RCMT and built by Tajmac-ZPS, can be ranked as globally unique.
- Research into parallel kinematics, including the HexaSphere redundant parallel spherical mechanism, which provides the inclinable heads of machine tools with a great range of motion together with great rigidity and powerful dynamics.
- Developing the Skyleader 100 aircraft, enabling construction elements to be varied according to individual requirements.
WE ARE PREPARING FOR THE NEAR FUTURE
- broadening participation in research activities.
- developing and renewing our teaching facilities based on the use of a wide range of modern teaching aids.
WE ARE MEMBERS OF THE:
- International Federation of Automotive Engineering Societies (FISITA)
- European Automotive Research Partners Association (EARPA)
- International Association for the Properties of Water and Steam (IAPWS)
- International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (ASHRAE)
- Society for the Advancement of Materials and Process Engineering (SAMPE)
- Society of Automotive Engineers International (SAE)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning (ASHREA)
WE ARE PROUD OF
- the working comprehensive structured study model that guarantees the quality of our graduates and ensures an excellent position for them in the employment market.
- our several newly established Centres of Competence, based on the high-level scientific findings from our research workplaces, which have achieved a worldwide reputation, e.g. the Josef Bozek Centre of Competence for Engine and Automotive Engineering, the Centre of Competence for Mechanical Engineering Production Technology, the Centre of Competence for Advanced Technologies for the Production of Heating and Electricity, etc.
- the centres of applied research that comprise the Roztoky Science and Technology Centre and the Innovation Centre for Diagnostics and Application of Materials (ICDAM).
- the wide range of our applied research projects – WE ARE AT THE TOP.