WE ARE UNIQUE IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC
- The range and number of the study programmes that we offer.
- Strongly linking informatics with teaching electrical engineering and electronics.
- Offering double degree and joint degree programmes (an opportunity to obtain a degree from two universities, including a CTU partner university in another country).
- The opportunity to study teacher education for technical schools simultaneously with taking a study programme at the faculty.
- The opportunity to study abroad. As an integral part of their study programme, students can spend 1–2 semesters at one of our partner universities abroad.
- Offering individual study programmes for talented students (differentiated studies).
- Offering a set of study programmes appealing to girls. Several study programmes are focused on a combination of engineering and management, and the graduates are thus trained for leading management positions in companies and institutions. These programmes are intended to appeal both to boys and to girls, who are now increasingly choosing our faculty.
- Our wide range of courses and programmes within the framework of Life-Long Learning and the University of the Third Age.
- Working closely with high schools (so-called Faculty Schools).
WE ARE UNIQUE IN THE WORLD
- Founding many electrical engineering professional associations and institutions.
Our international collaboration includes developing electric drives for experimental equipment for materials research in space for the ISS orbital station. We work on international research projects with numerous universities abroad and with more than 200 companies, institutions and global concerns.
- Occupying 6th place in the R&D Council‘s rating of research institutions in the Czech Republic.
WE ARE PREPARING FOR THE NEAR FUTURE
- deeper participation in international scientific and research projects, with special reference to practical and industrial implementation of research findings.
- enhancing the teaching of management and communication skills, so-called soft skills.
- maintaining the faculty‘s good position in research, and supporting promising young researchers and teachers.
- offering more study programmes in English.
WE ARE MEMBERS OF THE:
- AMTA – Antenna Measurement Techniques Association
- CIGRE – Conseil International des Grands Réseaux Électriques
- EAEEIE – European Association for Education in Electrical and Information Engineering
- Profi bus International
- APVTS – Association of Public Telecommunications Network Operators
- Czech Acoustics Association
- Czech Astronomic Association
- Czech Technical Matrix
WE ARE PROUD OF
- being one of the 40 technical universities in the world to have a research program funded by Texas Instruments. We sell our ideas to companies such as Cisco and Samsung. We are the only faculty in the Czech Republic that has established a student exchange programme with the prestigious Technion – Israel Institute of Technology.
- our long and significant history. The Faculty of Electrical Engineering CTU in Prague was founded in 1950, while the roots of electrical engineering in Prague reach back to the 1880s.
- generating 29 % of the research results that count towards CTU’s ranking as a research-oriented university.
- belonging on our own, as a faculty, among the top 10 research institutions in the Czech Republic for several years.
- many of our students and employees, who collaborate closely with many high schools, some of which have been awarded Faculty School status.
- our colleagues devoted to young people, such as Ing. Martin Hlinovský, Ph.D. from the Department of Control Engineering, who fully dedicates his time every year to organising the annual RoboCompetition, and prof. RNDr. Petr Kulhánek, CSc., from the Department of Physics, who devotes his spare time to popularizing science, especially astrophysics, and publishing popular scientific articles.
- the long-term interest we have been receiving from industrial and commercial companies in our high-quality graduates, especially graduates in informatics and power engineering.