We edit, graphically prepare and publish two periodicals: the news magazine Pražská technika (Prague Technology) and the quarterly magazine about scientific achievements TecniCall.
The printing house produces general all-university prints and also proceedings, textbooks, promotion materials and other printed matter for the university faculties and other institutions incorporated in the Czech Technical University. Work is also undertaken for external customers.
WE ARE PROUD OF
- keeping up the high standard of the academic journal Acta Polytechnica (published in English).
- our productivity – over a period of 40 years we have published more than 11,600 titles, i.e. an annual average of 250 mainly technically-oriented publications.
- the annual print of 60,000 to 100,000 mimeographed textbooks, monographs and other publications.
- TecniCall, a magazine which makes an excellent presentation of recent scientific research results and the university´s links with industrial and commercial companies.
- the journal Pražská technika – we have managed to set up a fully professional magazine on a high editorial and graphical level that provides information about events and activities at CTU.
WE ARE UNIQUE IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC
- in producing the highest number of printouts - we are among the TOP 5 publishing houses in the Czech Republic.
- in providing the university with comprehensive services, ranging from editorial and graphical processing, printing in our own printing house, to selling technical literature in our own bookstore and via the internet.
WE ARE MEMBERS OF THE
- Czech Association of Booksellers and Publishers.
- In addition to high-quality digital printing (including print-on-demand), we are preparing electronic textbook publishing.
- We will expand the range of textbooks (mainly in English) and other technical literature produced by foreign publishing houses on offer in the university bookshop at the National Technical Library.